Sunday, March 14, 2010

The New Protocol

Last Tuesday's LLMD visit proved interesting. I knew it was coming. I suffer with this Cranial Nerve Pain and Migraine headache situation continually. The PA told me it can no longer be danced around and has to be addressed head on. Head on to me speaks clearly of excruiating pain as the bacteria is killed off and the neurotoxins flare. She is talking 5 months of double intracellular antibiotic treatment. In the almost 3 years of this nightmare, I have come to know that 5 months really means more like 8.

My new Protocol includes:

Factive 5 days on/off
Minocycline 50 mg every other day
Valium as needed
Vicobrofen (a pain killer) as neeeded
Xanax as needed
Nystain
Diflucan
My usual slew of vitamins, supplements and probiotics I take each day.

So this reads to me like a long time in the hole. I am adjusting my mindset, knowing that it won't be pleasant but probably necessary to dig out whatever form of Lyme bacteria has colonized in my left cranial nerve. My worst fear is that if left untreated it will take my sight.

I pray that after 3 years of blasting my body and organs with antibiotics it will be able to go this round. I hope this is the last round but sadly based on what I know, this is going to be a life long battle for me. I still see my final days confined to a wheel chair, racked with pain.

And so it goes. The nightmare of Lyme Disease. Spring is coming and so are the ticks. It saddens me to know that we still don't know anymore about this disease than we did 3 years ago, and that more and more people will be bitten this spring, summer and fall. More children will be forced out of school, more people will be unable to work, more people will lose all they worked for to a disease that our nation refuses to understand. It's under these circumstances, for the third year, I gather my bravery, my hope faith, and desire to be well and face this new, challenging treatment.

Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment