Monday, March 29, 2010

The Herx, Hopelessness and Ben Stiller

I feel horrible today. It started 2 days ago....the herx from the change in meds. I feel like I have the flu......times 10. Everything aches, pressure in my head, dizzy; all I want to do is lie down. It's after 3PM and I am just really getting up for the day. My back feels like I went 10 rounds in a boxing ring.

I look at myself in the mirror and I see the age and the illness today. On days like this I can't go out, and I would never let anyone come over. Would anyone let people come over when they felt like they had the flu?

These are they days when I feel like it's hopeless and I feel like God has abandoned people who are sick like me with this disease; cast us off like lepers, left to figure it out on our own.

I saw Ben Stiller on Letterman the other night. He has Lyme Disease, and actually he doesn't look so good. Older. Sadly, in the Lyme World when a celebrity or famous person is diagnosed with Lyme, it's almost a celebration. Maybe THIS time the medical establishment will listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment